SWAN, Shakespeare’s Globe | London
Located just a stone’s throw away from London Bridge, the City, Tate Modern and Borough Market, on the banks of the River Thames, Shakespeare’s Globe is an inspiring and unique wedding venue with a reputation for delicious food, immaculate service, imaginative design and spectacular production. Each event is carefully arranged by its dedicated team of event planners, mixologists, chefs and designers.
Unfazed by teary-eyed brides, nervous grooms or a drunken best man, the dedicated team at Swan, Shakespeare’s Globe has a wealth of experience in organising weddings and civil partnerships, and will help you arrange every last detail from name place cards and floristry to boutique cakes and décor.
THE ICONIC SHAKESPEARE’S GLOBE
Both our Balcony Room and Underglobe are licensed for weddings and civil partnerships. For literary lovers, what could be a more perfect backdrop to your day than the iconic Shakespeare’s Globe, the River Thames and St. Paul’s Cathedral?
Balcony Room – with boutique décor, floor-to-ceiling French windows, fairy-tale balconies and magnificent views, our stunning top floor Balcony Room provides a versatile and bright space for creating the ideal setting for your civil wedding ceremony.
UnderGlobe – situated directly underneath the Globe theatre, the UnderGlobe is a hidden gem in the heart of Bankside. Offering a private mezzanine level, sweeping staircase, high ceilings, built-in stage, surround sound and lighting system and private cloakroom, the UnderGlobe is the ideal location for a large civil partnership reception, where you will feel truly connected to the theatre and all things Shakespeare.
THE SWAN’S DEDICATED EVENT’S TEAM
When you book a civil wedding ceremony with Swan, you will receive:
- A dedicated Civil Partnership Coordinator to help you plan your special day
- Access to its lookbook of ideas and suppliers
- An invitation to a menu tasting, hosted by your Event Manager and the Head Chef.
- An Operations Manager and styled waiting staff on the day of your civil partnership.
- A privately manned cloakroom
- Elegant floral arrangements
- Furniture, linen, crockery and decorations, including elegant glassware, candelabras, table centres pieces and tea lights.
Packages starting from £140 per person.
Swan, Shakespeare’s Globe
21 New Globe Walk
t: on 020 7928 9444 ext 129 and 130
- Balcony Room ceremony: max 70
- Balcony Room dinner: max 70
- Balcony Room standing reception: max 120
- UnderGlobe (evening only)
- Dinner: max 300
- Standing reception: 450
View our choice selection of gay-reviewed luxury hotels in London.
Southwark County Council – Registration Office
Southwark Register Office
34 Peckham Road
London SE5 8QA
t: 020 7525 7651